Privacy & Cookies Policy
Last updated: 12/18/2020
Please bear in mind that to access and use our website you must be an adult and have the legal capacity to enter into contracts, according to the applicable national laws and regulations of your birth or residence country.
What Does Personal Data Mean?
Who is the personal data controller?
The Company stated in our Terms and Conditions will be the controller of your personal data collected, among others, when you browse our website, fill in the vital record application form, and/or you contact our Customer Service Team by email, post or by means of our Contact Form.
Our website may contain functionalities or links that may redirect you to third-party websites. In this sense, please note that these third-party websites are not operated by us, so we cannot assume any responsibility for the information and content provided on them and/or the correct provision of the functionalities and/or services offered by these third parties since we have no control over this. These third-party websites are bound by their own Cookie and Privacy Policies.
What type of personal data do we collect and process?
We collect the following categories of personal data:
- Direct interactions: such as when you complete the vital record application form of your interest on our website, or when we request from you additional information as a requirement of the U.S. Health Department State Office, or when you fill in the Contact form, or when you contact our Customer Service Team via email.
- Payment data: We will only request your credit or debit card information on the payment page in connection with the costs for our Services. The captured data will be sent securely to our certified payment service providers for the authorization of the transaction. In no case do we visualize or access the complete data of your credit or debit card. It is the customer’s responsibility not to enter, provide, or send his/her card information through channels not authorized by the Company.
In all cases, we only process personal data which is strictly necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes described above. In this sense, if you provide us with more information than the ones expressly required, you consent to the processing of it for the informed purpose/s for which you're sending it.
In order to be able to properly use our Services, and if applicable according to the Services contracted attend and manage your vital record application form and/or answer your queries, and at any other time thereafter, you must provide us with accurate, truthful, updated and complete information, being this trustworthy to your real situation.
If you provide us with personal data of third parties, whether these are from minors or adults, you confirm that you have informed them about the purposes for which their personal data will be processed and you guarantee to us that you have obtained their prior and express consent to communicate their personal data to us. In this sense, if you provide us with the personal data of a minor, you guarantee us that you are a parent and/or legal guardian and, therefore, you consent to the processing of your ward/child’s personal data.
According to the above, the Company will not be held responsible if:
- The Users and/or Customers are not adults nor have the legal capacity to contract the Services offered on this Website in accordance with the laws and regulations of their birth or residence country. In this sense, it is the sole responsibility of parents and/or legal guardians to exercise adequate control over their minor children’s/ward’s online activity and to prevent their access to websites whose content is not suitable or recommended for minors, and that allows the sending of personal data without the prior authorization of their parents or legal guardians.
- The Company has received an adult’s personal data and/or private information to use the Services by an individual without having requested his/her consent to communicate his/her personal data to us. In such a case, the Company will inform the interested person how his/her personal data and/or private information has been collected and, where appropriate, we will ask the individual who provided the personal data to the Company to confirm he/she requested the consent of the data subject and, where appropriate, to amend this circumstance.
- For circumstances that are beyond our reasonable control, such as being provided with erroneous, incomplete, and/or fraudulent information from you as a user and/or customer. You will be solely responsible for the inaccuracy or lack of veracity of the information provided.
What do we use your personal data for?
Please be informed that you only are required to provide personal data and information strictly necessary to fill in the vital record application form, and/or when we request from you additional information as a requirement of the U.S. Health Department State Office according to the Services contracted, and/or to submit a query by means of our Contact Form. In this sense, if you provide us with more information than that expressly required, you consent to the processing of it for the purpose/s for which you're sending it.
Having said that, We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide you our Services, and in the event that you have chosen to contract the option which permits you to fill in a vital records certificate application form so that we can subsequently submit it on your behalf before the U.S. Health Department State Office, we will, when necessary, and additionally probably ask you for the missing, incomplete and/or missed information/documentation.
- To send you, if applicable, up-to-date information according to the U.S. Health Department State Office updates and/or operational communications regarding the status of your vital records certificate application form. In this sense, we will contact you if the U.S. Health Department State Office requires more personal information and/or additional documentation in order to assess your application;
- To attend to your information and/or refund queries sent to our Customer Service Team;
- To send you operational emails in connection with the our Service, such as payment confirmation emails;
- For administrative purposes related to the processing and management of our services, such as accountancy and billing tasks, verification of your payment information;
- To comply with our legal obligations, with legal requirements, laws, and regulations and/or to respond to judicial, police or to the corresponding authorities requirements;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity on/or through this website.
- To improve our website, services, and customer support, as well as to improve your user experience on our website by analyzing your behavior while navigating through this website;
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
We only process your personal data when there is a legal basis for doing so. The legal basis will depend on the reason we collect and process your personal data. In almost all cases the legal basis will be:
- The consent that you provided us with for the processing of your personal data in connection to the purposes we inform you of at the time of collection of your data (i.e. to respond to your information queries when you contact our Customer Service Team).
- The execution of the contract when purchasing our Services, and when applicable submitting your vital records certificate application form on your behalf before the U.S. Health Department State Office and keeping you informed about its status, or when sending you a payment confirmation email.
- To comply with our legal obligations and/or to attend administrative, judicial, police, or the corresponding authorities’ official requirements.
- Our legitimate interest to (i) offer an enhanced user experience when you access and use this website and to operate it efficiently, (ii) to verify the Customer’s identity and monitor fraudulent activity in order to preserve the security and integrity of our website; (iii) defend and address our rights in the event that a claim regarding our professional services may arise.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will keep your personal data only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is being processed and, beyond that, your personal data will be retained, and duly blocked, until the Company has complied with its legal obligations and has met with its business needs, objectives and strategies. In this sense, your personal data will be kept, for example, for as long as is needed in order to address and defend our legitimate interests regarding any claims in connection with the Services offered; until your request for information and/or refund is answered; to finish the investigation of detected fraudulent or illicit activity; we will retain the Cookies’ information providing that you do not revoke its consent.
Once the necessary retention period has ended, your personal data will be securely deleted from our information systems.
Furthermore, if you had provided us with your consent to process your personal data for specific purposes, note that you can withdraw said consent at any time. Upon receiving your withdrawal request, we will proceed to delete your personal data.
Who Do We Share Personal Data With?
We may communicate your personal data to the following third parties, including but not limited to:
- (i) If you have contracted the service that includes the option of submitting your vital records certificate application form on your behalf to the U.S. Health Department State Office, we will share your personal data with them.
- (ii) credit and debit card companies to process payments and (when necessary) carry out fraud controls;
- (iii) public bodies and/or administrative or judicial authorities, as well as the police, as long as they are required in accordance with the applicable law and regulations;
- (iv) law firms to respond to claims regarding our professional services and/or to protect our legitimate interests;
- (v) technology service providers which host our information systems and/or that offer us tools or technological support;
- (vi) suppliers who help us to correctly offer professional services.
The third parties mentioned above may have their headquarters outside the European Economic Area, therefore the personal data will be subject to an international transfer. In this regard, we inform you that we only transfer personal data to recipients located in countries that offer a level of personal data protection comparable to the laws and regulations of data protection of European countries or, failing that, we will apply the appropriate safeguards required by the current applicable law and regulations on the protection of personal data, in order to ensure the privacy and security of your personal data and that your individual rights and freedoms are guaranteed.
How do we protect your personal data?
Your trust is very important to us. For that reason, your personal data is stored confidentially and securely in our information systems. We have established the appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard and protect your personal data against illegal or unauthorized access, loss or accidental destruction, damage, use, and illegal or unauthorized disclosure.
Likewise, we have taken reasonable precautions to guarantee that all our staff, as well as the suppliers or collaborators who have access to Customers’ personal data, have received adequate training regarding the processing of the personal data collected and that they comply with said data protection obligations.
Although We will do our best to guarantee the protection of your personal data transmitted through our website and/or that you may provide to us by others means such as by email, please bear in mind that you should also take precautions to keep your personal data safe e.g you must not enter or confirm bank details by means of fake messages and/or websites.
What Rights Do You Have and How Can You Exercise Them?
You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, to object, as well as the right to the portability of your personal data, with a written request, addressed to us, via our Contact Form or by writing to us at info@VitalRecords-Usa-Online.com.
You may modify the “privacy settings” of your web browser to set up the tracking cookies at any time. Also, you can install programs or add-ons to your browser, known as "Do Not Track" tools, which will allow you to choose the Cookies you want to allow.
As a general rule, we will respond to data protection rights requests within one (1) month. Occasionally, this period may be extended by two (2) further months where necessary, taking into account whether your request is particularly complex or you have made several number of requests. In this case, we will notify you of this event and explain the reasons for the delay to you.
Finally, we inform you that, where you consider it appropriate, you have the right to lodge a complaint before the corresponding Supervisory Authority, especially if you consider that your data protection rights have not been adequately addressed.
We may update this Cookies Policy according to new or legislative or jurisprudential requirements and/or business needs, among others. Therefore, the User is recommended to review this policy regularly.
What are cookies and what are they used for?
“Cookies” are small files that are installed on the hard disk or in the browser of your computer or mobile device with different purposes such as to adapt the Website’s format according to the device used by you; to collect statistical information about our Website; to facilitate your navigation on this Website; and to facilitate the reproduction and display of multimedia content, among others.
The memorized data recorded by cookies takes up little space on a device’s memory and does not harm the device in any way.
When do we install cookies?
Accessing and/or browsing this Website and/or purchasing the services offered therein implies that cookies can be installed, which may be session or persistent cookies, and our own or those of third parties.
- Session cookies: are those that are automatically removed when closing the browser of your device.
- Persistent cookies: are those that remain installed for a certain time in the browser of your device.
- Owned cookies: are those that are sent to the user's device from our computer equipment or this Website, managed by us, and whose information is collected for our own purposes.
- Third-party cookies: are those that are sent to the user's device from computer equipment or a Website managed by another company (service providers we have contracted for this purpose) and whose information can be collected for our own purposes and/or to manage and improve the services that these third-party companies offer (e.g. links to social networks that allow us to share our content).
To install cookies in your device's browser, we need your express consent, although there are other cookies that are exempt from such consent. The exempt cookies are:
- User Login Cookies
- User authentication or identification cookies (session cookies only)
- User Security Cookies
- Multimedia player session cookies
- Session cookies to balance the load
- Cookies to customize the user interface
- Some add-on cookies (plug-in) to exchange social content
We have enabled adequate mechanisms to obtain your consent for the installation of cookies that require it. However, please be informed that, in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, (i) it will be understood that your consent has been given if you modify the configuration of the browser by disabling the restrictions that prevent the installation of cookies and (ii) when the installation of cookies is necessary to provide you with a service offered on our Website that you have expressly requested, your consent will not be necessary.
The use of third-party cookies is subject to the Cookies and Privacy Policies of these third parties. Therefore, you must consult the websites of said third parties to obtain more information or if you want to change your preferences for setting these cookies. We will not be held responsible for the content or the veracity of the aforementioned policies of said third parties.
The following types of cookies can be installed in your browser:
- Technical: cookies that allow the management and operation of our Website and enable its functions and services, for example, to remember the service contracted, to carry out the purchase process and manage payment, or to share content through social networks, etc.
- Analytical: cookies that allow us to analyze the use you make of our Website and to recognize which information and/or services interest you the most, in order to improve the quality of our services.
|Cookies name||Supplier||Type||Storage Period|
You can, at any time, revoke the consent given for the installation of this Website’s cookies, by configuring the browser settings of your computer or mobile device. The instructions about how to manage or delete cookies for the most common browsers can be found at the following links:
You can also configure the browser of your computer or mobile device to accept or reject all cookies by default, or to be notified of the receipt of cookies and to decide each time whether or not to allow the installation of the same.
Moreover, you can activate the following options in order to limit the scope of the cookies installed or their operation:
- Private browsing, through which your browser stops saving browsing history, website passwords, cookies, and other information of the pages you visit, or
- The non-tracking function, by which the browser asks the websites you visit not to track your browsing habits, for example, to serve advertisements that may be of interest in the sites you visit.
How can you reach us?
Vital Record Services
We have simplified the complex process of obtaining the Vital Record Certificate you needand all from the comfort of your home. Save time, start now!